Join our team and contribute your ideas by submitting your application for:
Application Engineer / Project Manager - North America (m/f/d)
Site Crystal Lake, IL - Torqeedo Inc.
The Application Engineering role works together with our R&D and Application team at our corporate office to ensure the successful deployment of Torqeedo products into new applications. The position requires developing a strong working relationship with product management, deployment teams, product design, and customers to define system requirements, validate new use cases, and improve the implementation process of the Torqeedo system into the customer's application.
- Feasibility analysis and concept development for electric and hybrid marine applications.
- Understand, define, summarize customer's specifications, including consulting with customer, shipyard, and sales
- Content clarification, planning, and coordination of projects up to the implementation of prototypes in coordination with the affected departments
- Specification, selection, and coordination of the development of additional components
- Ensuring the quality of the system by meeting application-relevant development milestones and relevant standards
- Creation of documentation as well as definition of test and acceptance plans in the customer boat and verification of their compliance when releasing the application
- Degree/certification in electronics in electrical engineering or comparable studies
- In-depth knowledge of the application of complex electronics, their control, and data connection
- First experience in the design of cables and fuses
- Professional experience in the field of electromobility is an advantage
- Experience in the management of interdisciplinary projects
- High communication skills and ability to work in a team, as well as intercultural competence
- Experience in the maritime environment is desirable
- Excellent customer service and effective communication skills required
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office, CAD)
You can send us your online application with cover letter, CV and certificates conveniently via upload.
If you have any questions, please contact: